Application for the Purchase of Interment Rights in the RCMP National Memorial Cemetery at Beechwood.
The RCMP National Memorial Cemetery at Beechwood is open to current RCMP employees, members of the RCMP Veterans’ Association (RCMPVA) and those who may meet the criteria* of the RCMP Veterans’ Association and members of their respective families.
All applications may be subject to confirmation by (or referred for confirmation to) the eligibility committee. The tripartite committee comprised of RCMP Veterans, RCMP Members and Beechwood Cemetery and Foundation personnel will consider all applications.
*Royal Canadian Mounted Police Veterans’ Association Membership criteria
Active Member:Active membership shall be available only to a person of good character who has had his/her application reviewed and approved by a Division credentials committee. Anyone who ceased to be employed, or has been dismissed or discharged from the RCMP because of discreditable conduct is prohibited from membership in the RCMP Veterans’ Association.
- a former member of the RCMP (RM) (CM),
- a former member of the RCMP Reserve,
- a former member of the RCMP Auxiliary, with minimum of 3 years service,
- a former member of the Federal Public Service (PSE) or Municipal Employee (ME) who has worked in the employment of the RCMP, with a minimum of 5 years service.
Associate membership shall be available to a person of good character who has had his/her application reviewed and approved by a Division credentials committee and who is:
- a serving Regular, Civilian, Reserve or Auxiliary member, Public Service Employee (PSE), or Municipal Employee (ME), with a minimum of 10 years service with the RCMP,
- a former Temporary Civilian Employee (TCE), with a minimum of 5 years service with the RCMP,
- the spouse / partner of an Active Member,
- the spouse / partner of a Life Member appointed prior to the adoption of By-Laws approved at the 2014 AGM,
- the widow / widower of a deceased serving or former member of the RCMP, or of a deceased member of the RCMP Veterans’ Association,
- a person not otherwise defined above who is of good character, has demonstrated an affinity to the Association, has been recommended by an Active or Life Member, and has been accepted for Associate membership by ordinary resolution at a Division meeting.